Monday, July 7, 2008

Jamie is gone for the week

PhotobucketPhotobucket

About 5:00 this morning I was awoke with a kiss and Good-bye from Jamie. I think I mumbled something in return, but hardly remember. I'm sure he will be a weary traveler (or rather...driver) by the time he gets to Tybee Island, GA. I expect it will take him 12 hours or longer, especially since he is traveling with a group of 12 youth and 2 other adults.

He was very anxious about going (as usual!), but especially this year since he was leaving us in our new surroundings. We are totally fine though and I expect that we will have a pretty uneventful week. He was also anxious about forming stronger relationships with the new group. The past month has been great and we have gotten to know people, but there is nothing like living with people to get to know them through and through.

I can't say that I'm jealous, because being in a car for 12 hours and spending a week with severe sleep deprivation doesn't sound fun to me right now. I'm sure he will find some cures for the sleep deprivation along the way though:-)
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just let us know if you need anything. We can be there in about 2 1/2 hours.
Nana