Sunday, September 28, 2008

Praying for Jordyn!


I got a phone call around 4:30 this afternoon that my niece Jordyn had been in an accident. I could hear the fear in Denisha's voice as the relayed what little information she had. My heart kind of sank to my toes knowing that no matter what was happening, I was 150 miles away and felt helpless.

Turns out that she and a friend was riding the big gator golf cart like thing down the road and a car hit them and it turned it over onto Jordyn and her leg was pinned beneath. They got the thing off her leg and had to call an ambulance, because her foot was so badly injured. I'm not sure all the details except that it is broken in a few places and there were tendons damaged and she is going to have to get some skin grafting done. It is pretty serious and she could use your prayers.

I can imagine that she is in quite a bit of pain, she is frightened, and they are having to make decisions on what doctors to use for surgeries. I wish that I could be there with them so that I could help or just give them a hug, but since I can't, I will be praying every moment I think of them. I had a church picnic tonight and I knew that my family was hurting and I kept having to put my "pretend" smile on and fight back tears.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We will be praying for Jordyn.
Glenn & Pat