Monday, December 15, 2008

Things happening...

Honestly, there isn't much happening! Which would explain the lack of blog entries this week. The kids got out of school an hour early today due to the ice that we are anticipating later this afternoon and tonight. I'm kind of hoping to avoid that, but better now than around Christmas when we want to head to Murray, I suppose.

I finished up shopping for the kids today and a few others. I really only have a few more things to get and my shopping will be complete for 2008! I also dropped my Christmas cards in the mail today.

Last weekend, we made Oreo balls. YUMMY! You blend up a package of oreos and mix it with a package of cream cheese (super easy with a food processor), roll into balls, chill, and then dip in white chocolate. It is so good and they are now gone as a result of the yumminess. Here are the kids helping me. Chloe was taking a nap at the time. She tends to eat alot more than she rolls!
Abbi had to make a gingerbread boy for school. He looks good enough to eat!

Micah had to decorate a renaissance mask.

Hannah is busy reading books for school now. It amazes me how well she can read. She will soon be in Accelerated reader. Abbi has just started Accelerated reader, and is doing excellent.

Chloe has been a power shopper lately when I need her to be. The other day, she had been playing with a couple of pennies all morning. That really isn't all that unusual when she finds change around the house. We went to Wal-Mart and she wanted to drop her money into the Salvation Army bucket. It was so sweet! We have put money in there on other occasions, but it was always money that I gave her for that purpose. Giving those 2 pennies was giving something away that was actually hers, so it was just so heart warming and sweet.

Micah brought home a lot of homework (what else is new!), and we are hoping to tackle that early with the extra hour today and sit down to a Christmas movie this evening.

No comments: