Friday, February 6, 2009

Do we dare get excited?

Jamie just called with the official word that someone is wanting to buy our home in Murray. His house burned last week and apparently he lost everything. He came to look at it a little bit ago and just needs to wait on his insurance money before the transaction can be official. We are still praying that things will go smoothly from his end and by the end of next week, I may have to pay for 1 less home!

We have prayed for this day to come for 8 months. I had readily admitted to Jamie and some others that my faith had weakened over time. When God placed us in the new church, all the pieces seem to fly into place except for this one. And this ONE piece has caused us a lot of worry, struggle, and tears for the past 8 months.

I'm excited, but won't let myself get too excited until the money is in our hands. Getting excited for something only for it to be a big let down is one of the hardest feelings in the world, I think. We went down that road several months ago and it was just easier for me to become callous to it all and just assume that I was stuck paying for 2 homes forever than for me to go down that emotional roller coaster again.

When Jamie called me to tell me, I had tears in my eyes. And, even as I sit here, I'm still in major denial and disbelief, because we all know how life is and anything could happen between now and next week (there goes my lack of faith again).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Buffy! It's so great to have found you in the blogging world. It's restored from BBC. We have not sold our home either (if you remember, we were moving about the same time as you were last year, for ministry purposes as well). Will be praying for your home to sell quickly.