Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My Little Actresses

Hannah and Abbi both had their performances last night at school. They both did great! I had the cutest little owl and duck in the whole show! Of course mommy isn't partial at all!

Kindergarten was up first and Hannah opened and closed the program with the her solo in part of the theme song for the play. She did really good and she was so short that she had to stand on her tip toes to reach the microphone. Here is a picture of her getting ready to sing (not singing yet).
And a picture of her waving to us from the stands.
Abbi had a little speaking part and I was nervous for her. I know how she gets in front of people (just like me). But, even though she was scared to death (we found out later), you would have never known it. She got up there and I was so glad that she was able to face that fear.

Here is a picture of Abbi saying her part. Notice how her hands are folded in front of her. That is classic, "I'm nervous and scared" Abbi body language.

Here is Abbi in the music stands during the play. One good thing about having kids that are shorter than all their peers is that they get to stand on the front row!
I got a note on Friday that Abbi needed to wear yellow pants. I walked my legs off Monday trying to find something for her to wear. I was so miffed at the school for only giving us a couple of days notice about this "wardrobe" when they have been practicing for a month! Finally, we just decided to dye some tights and be done with it. They actually turned out the right color and things worked out in the nick of time.

When we got home last night, Abbi was crying. She was crying, because "she doesn't like speaking parts in plays". I couldn't figure out why she was crying after it was all over. I said, "aren't you proud of yourself for doing so well?" She responded, "No, I never want to be in a play again" Ok, so this may a first and a last. Who knows! Girls are so dramatic!

Hannah spiked a fever last night too (again!). She took a nap after school yesterday, and wasn't complaining and did not have a fever. But by the time we got home from the play, she had 102 fever. I don't know what is up with her, but I'm tired of her feeling bad. So, she is home today. She said she felt fine, but yesterday was a long day for her, and I want to watch her and make sure she is OK before I let her loose. Her fever was pretty low grade this morning, but we'll see how things go as the day progresses. It is always something to worry about!

Jamie took video and I will try to get them loaded soon of their performances.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They both look so cute. You would think that the mask would have helped Abbi with her fear becasue no one could see her???
DKB