Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

It is Mother's day 2009. Throughout the weekend, I've been given little plants with decorated flower pots, sweet little pictures of my children, and a variety of homemade cards. I feel so blessed to have my children in my life. So, even though Mother's day is about us mothers, it wouldn't be a reality without them in it. I know that right now I'm living in the times that my mind will go back to when I'm older and my nest is empty.

This is one of the only years that I haven't been able to go visit my own mother. I'll call her later, and let her know that I'm thinking of her today as well. I'm the person I am today, because of her and my grandmothers. My mother taught me the importance of going to church. My grandmother taught me the importance of reading your Bible daily, and my Mamaw showed me patience like I've never seen. I can only hope to have a little piece of each one them.

Here is a picture of my sister and I with our mother last August.
Yesterday we made a trip out the one of our favorite parks. Well, we were going to brave the BBQ fest, but we scratched that idea when we realized we were going to have to hike 3 miles just to get to where it was. I'm not sure I missed all that much, because we had a nice day anyways. The kids played, we walked a bit, and someone gave them some leftover bread from a b-day party to feed the ducks. I had my camera along as usual and I captured this treasure. This is just my kids being silly little kids, but I love it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing and Happy Mother's Day.
Pat

Anonymous said...

Buffy, I hope that you had a very blessed Mother's Day. Treasure the moments while your kids are little.
DKB