Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Saying Good-Bye is Hard

We have become really close friends with a family here. It has been a long time since we've had really good friends just to "hang out" with and it has been nice. God really knew what I needed when I needed it. I invited them over one day by a chance that she might like to come for a "playdate" since her little girl is the same age as Chloe. Her oldest daughter is in preschool and she was having to just kill time for the 3 hours that she was there. So, it made for a convenient time for us to get together. She'd bring "Little Hannah" (As Chloe refers to her) over and her baby. We sit, chat, sip tea, and probably get interrupted a million times with little girl drama, but has been a very sweet time during my week.

Our families have hung out and we have all become very close. The one thing that I will miss most about Owensboro? These friends! God brought her to me at just the right moment here. He knew that I was needing a girlfriend. He knew that I was a bit lonely for some connections and friendship here and God had Rachel in mind.

They were some awesome youth workers, but have since moved on to their own ministry here in town. I know that God has many wonderful things in store for them!

Their entire family came over here Sunday and then they came for our weekly playdate today. I'm in total denial that this is really going to have to be "Good-Bye". I told her that they can come during the packing craziness in 2 weeks, but today may have been our final playdate.

They have remained true friends and you just don't find many of those in this world! I will miss them so much! I know that we can still get together occasionally. I mean, we are only going to be 2 hours away, but I know that lives are crazy with work, kids, church, etc and sometimes these things are shoved to the back burner and the next thing you know, it has been 2 years since you've laid eyes on your great friend.

I'm not going to cry! I'm not going to cry! Too late!

Here is Chloe with "Little Hannah" today. Aren't they the cutest?

On a good note, Jamie is in the interview as I type this. Nervous, but excited about God's blessings!

No comments: