Monday, July 19, 2010

Micah got the LEAD!!!


I'm so proud of my budding actor! When we moved in May, he left behind a pretty decent sized part in Owensboro in "How to Eat Like a Child" which he was already practicing for. He was disappointed and so were we. As soon as I knew we were moving, I started researching the community theater here. We found out that the play was going to be "Willy Wonka kids" this summer and that is one of his favorite movies. So, that helped ease the pain of leaving the other behind.

He had auditions last week and had his heart set on being "Charlie" which is the main character of the story. I've given him the pep talk all week about not being disappointed if he didn't get the part he wanted. There were a lot of kids there, and they don't know us here, so I didn't know how it would turn out .

Today started the day camp and I went to pick him up . I was scanning the crowd looking for him and he runs up to me and said, "Mommy, I'm Charlie!" I gave him a hug and a small kiss on the cheek and whispered close to his ear, "I'm so proud of you!" He was grinning ear to ear and I was too! I was ecstatic for him to get what he wanted. He really deserves it this time! Especially with the move and everything that they've sacrificed this summer. It was the perfect beginning to the week!

On another note, I'm teenage sitting this week. My sister and her husband are taking a much deserved vacation and I'm hanging out with some pretty good teenagers this week. The kids are all excited to spend time with them. In 2 weeks, we have the production and then we start school on August 2nd:-)

I'm one proud Mommy right now! This is something he'll have fond memories of forever!

No comments: