Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart

This year we have so much to be thankful to God for! He has been there for us when it literally seemed that the entire world was against us. He has been a friend to us, a provider, a shoulder to cry on, and so much more! We have been blessed beyond measure...more than any of us ever deserve.
  • We are now home owners to a real brick house for the first time ever! This was a nice little surprise in God's plans.
  • We are homeschooling and loving it! I never thought I'd be doing this, but I'm so thankful God called us to do this. It is an amazing journey! I'm just sorry I didn't discover it sooner, but at least I can appreciate it more having been on the other side.
  • We found a church home that is unlike any other we've ever been a part of, but completely perfect for us! I can't wait to see what God has up his sleeve for the future of this newer church.
  • Jamie has a new job. It is a ministry that is different than he has had in the past. It is a shift in our lives that we weren't expecting, but a very sweet change.
  • Jamie began graduate school. It is trying, but I am thankful. God gave him a job at the university, so now his education is FREE! Professor Hughes....sort of has a ring to it, don't you think;-)
  • My children are oh so special in my life. My life would not be complete without them. They can always seem to brighten a down day.
  • My husband is the love of my life this side of heaven. We have shared tears and laughter this year (sometimes at the same time), and I wouldn't want to go through this life with anybody else by my side.
  • I'm forever thankful for Jesus dying for my sins. Without him life would be pretty bleak and hopeless.
I could go on an on. I think one reason God allows the disappointments, hurts, and hard times in life is so that we can fully appreciate his love, provision, and blessings. 2010 has been a series of mountains and valleys, but God has been there by our sides the whole time.

Last night we had a turkey dinner a couple of days early in the Hughes house;-)

It is a turkey made of fruit and cheese and a cornucopia of veggies. The kids loved it and I love that we could do a craft that I didn't have to store or feel guilty for throwing away. They gobbled them up!

1 comment:

Marcy Pett said...

What an awesome "craft" idea, Buffy! I'll have to remember that one for next year. What a great mom you are!