Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Random Things About Me

I love:
  • Listening to my kids play when they don't know I'm listening
  • My children quoting scripture
  • Teaching
  • Painted Toenails
  • Cuddling on the couch after a long day
  • Hearing Jamie's car pull in the driveway
  • A clean house
  • My fenced in yard
  • Pondering things that Bro. Rusty (our pastor) has said all week
  • Jamie waking me up in the morning (it was the other way around for YEARS!)
  • Watching my kids sleep
  • Looking at old pictures
  • A good cry when I need one
  • Christmas Eve
  • Warm spring days
  • Going to get my haircut
  • Sweet tea
  • Cuddling up with a good book on a rainy day (it has been a while!)
  • Kissing a new baby's head
  • Red front doors
  • Kissing my kids goodnight
  • Learning something new
  • Inside jokes (as long as I'm on the inside)
  • Getting a personal email
  • Listening to the rain
  • Cookies
  • Flip-Flops
  • Organizing
I don't love:
  • Cold weather
  • Kids fighting
  • Jamie working late
  • Peeling wallpaper
  • Never getting a break
  • Unsolicited advice
  • Wearing glasses/contacts every second of the day
  • Arrogance
  • People cracking jokes about my name, family size, or homeschool
  • When someone touches my nose or eyebrows
  • Shopping of any kind
  • Barking dogs at 2am
  • Getting up early
  • Gossip
  • Legalism in church
  • Going to the doctor, dentist, etc
  • Wal-Mart
  • Being late
  • Being the center of attention
  • Laundry
  • Cleaning the kitchen (the never ending job)
  • Shaking hands
  • Moving!!!!!
  • Politics
  • Door-to-door salesmen
  • Sleep deprivation
  • Whiny kids
  • Tickling

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate shaking hands too! I think that it is rather gross and germy. That is my least favorite part of "meet and greet" at church. How many people DO NOT wash their hands after using the bathroom or cough/sneeze right before you shake their hand...
DKB

Anonymous said...

Oh and another thing...one of my most favorite things in the world is to have freshly painted toes! Why? I don't know. But that is one of the things that makes me happy :)

DKB

Anonymous said...

to mama...jackie carpenter and kimbro......

Anonymous said...

Don't you remember that time that we saw Smiley picking his nose before "meet & greet"? YUCK!!!