Monday, August 29, 2011

It is Almost September

  • We have completed 4 weeks of school and working on week 5.
  • I am looking forward to our 3 day Labor Day weekend next weekend! Yay for Jamie not having his nose in a book all weekend too!
  • The windows are up, fans are on, and the kids did part of their reading and homework outside. Wonderful!
  • My sinuses are no longer functional, I am very sleepy, and I feel like my head is in a drum (welcome almost fall).
  • We bought our first gas grill this weekend (look at us getting all modern).
  • Upon noticing that we were out of milk this morning, my wonderful husband hurried and got dressed and got us stocked up, so I didn't have to drag 4 kids out to do this menial task.
  • Soccer season is upon us, and I'll have 3 girls playing this year.
  • My kids went to their first neighborhood birthday party this weekend.
  • You know you are in the year 2011, when your child's phonics lesson includes the word "internet."
  • You practically have to give away your first born child just to buy Sudafed anymore.
  • Did you know that Dorothy never had ruby slippers in the Wizard of Oz book? They were silver!
  • Sign language is fun to learn.
  • Sweet tea in the morning is my "coffee"
  • I'm looking forward to colorful leaves.

No comments: