Monday, October 10, 2011

A Little Bragging/Updating!

My kids are going strong in their school work. Even through the bumpy past month, they have cruised right along and stayed the course. They are great kids and I'm proud of them. I'm amazed at not only what they are learning, but how much they are retaining. I try to remember that on the days that are less than ideal for one reason or another. Those days aren't often, but we all have "off" days.

Micah is cruising right along and loves having his work mostly on the computer. Surprisingly, he has not gotten headaches any more than usual, which was a concern of ours in the beginning when we tried this. The big girls have 1 subject on the computer too and they are becoming good little typists too. I'm really surprised how smooth this has gone, actually.

Chloe's math curriculum is divided into 2 books. It is an advanced curriculum and she just completed book 1 today! This should've lasted us until Christmas, so she is ahead of the game, for sure. I suppose in Jan/Feb she will be finished with Kindergarten math if she keeps up this pace. I keep waiting for her to reach a snag, but so far, so good.

Soccer is in full swing and all my girls are enjoying it and are all good players. Abbi scored her first goal of the season on Saturday. Hannah had several attempts, assists, and good defense. Chloe is the smallest on the team, but also the fastest (also the oldest! My short kids!). She is one of the few that actually gets the game and wants to be there. Some of the little girls would rather lay down on the bench than play.

Drama is cranking back up next Monday and I'm sure Micah will do well. I can't wait to see how much different this middle school group will be. Wait....did you catch that? Middle school!!! Rarely does this register in my brain since it is a non-issue in our house, but he really is a middle school kid...ouch!

Today marks the month anniversary of my Daddy's death. It is weird, because today really doesn't hurt any more than any other day at this point. Friday/Saturday is the hardest days for me and since it fell on a Monday, it really hasn't been any harder than usual. My mother had her well pump go out over the weekend too, so much prayers for her and her worries that go along with it. It is fixed, and now I'm praying for the bill to be lighter than she anticipates. That is all I can do at this point. I feel so helpless most of the time. Why does everything seem to happen at once?

I have 2 birthdays coming up that will make the first "real" milestones of Daddy's death too. I know they will miss their G-Daddy phone call and visit this year. I sure will!

No comments: