Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Hello 2013!

As we were thinking back on 2012, it was fairly uneventful.  Jamie graduated with his Masters (officially in August), we went on our first mission trip as a family with the church to Texas in May, Jamie became a deacon sometime in the summer, and we took our first family mini-vacation with just the 6 of us to St. Louis in September.  We had a couple of medical situations between Jamie and I, but those turned out to be nothing (Praise God).  However, there wasn't just a great deal to stand out in this year. After what 2010 and 2011 brought us, I really have enjoyed a big bunch of uneventful life.   It is still exciting, interesting, challenging, and full of memories!

So, here we sit at the doorstep of another year.  I never have big hopes and dreams for a new year. I think we all like new beginnings and this gives us a new beginning every 365 days to embark on.  For myself, I'll continue to live my fairly uneventful life at home with my kids watching them grow, learn, explore, laugh, and make childhood memories.  This season of my life is wonderful! 


1 comment:

Kara said...

Yes! Here's to a year of regular day to day life!