Monday, July 21, 2008

Lunch Boxes and the Library

It was much too hot to enjoy the outdoors today. We were feeling a little cooped up, so I went and got my library card. We are some of those nerdy people that actually enjoy going to the library for fun (well, "we" meaning the kids and I). So, I got my temporary library card (I'll get the real one in the mail) and we checked out 2 chapter books to read with the kids. So, I have enjoyed reading a few chapters of "Tales of Fourth Grade Nothing" to my kids tonight. Brought back some warm fuzzy memories too!

We also headed to Wal-Mart (where else!?!?) and got a few essential items and decided it would be a good time for the kids to pick out lunch boxes. I was excited, because they are making the old tin lunch boxes again just like when I was a kid. So, we ended up with a Tinkerbell box for Abbi, Spiderman for Micah, Hannah Montana for Hannah (how appropriate), and Dora for Chloe. Yea, we caved and got Chloe a box too. She has been carrying her sippy cup around in it.

Photobucket

No comments: