Monday, July 14, 2008

My 1st Murray Road Trip

The kids and I left early Friday afternoon for our first venture to Murray without Jamie leading the way. I will admit that I was a bit nervous about traveling with the children by myself. I bought myself a TomTom GPS before we moved so that I would be able to conquer this feat and I am happy to report that it got us there and back again. That was the best money ever spent by the way!

While we were there, we stayed with my sister and her family. They are in major crunch time for the wedding planning and preparation. The wedding is in less than 4 weeks for my oldest niece Denisha and her fiance Trevor. I had a dress fitting Saturday morning and we had a bit of a wedding dress emergency so Denisha and I headed to Paducah to help remedy the situation (thank goodness that all worked out fine!) and Sunday there was a shower where they got many things that they needed for their cute apartment in Murray. I also visited both sets of grandparents and Poplar Spring for their morning service to catch up with my other church family. It was an enjoyable yet tiring weekend.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Shania, my youngest niece, rode back with me and we are excited that she is here to stay the week! We should have fun showing her around Owensboro and the kids love having her around.
Photobucket
Photobucket

We had not seen Jamie in a week, so it was good to be home with my love. He was a lonely camper this weekend apparently

No comments: