Friday, August 15, 2008

The Motorcycle and a Sneaky Child

Micah got this really cool Power Wheels for his 3rd birthday from his great-aunt. It got used a little at the beginning, but we didn't really have a place to store it and over time, it sort of got forgotten. My in-laws had it in their garage, and when I went back to visit last month, it occurred to me that the kids could really enjoy it now that we have a good place to ride and store it. So, they brought it up a couple of weeks ago when they came and got the kids. They are all thrilled! We have to take turns riding it and the neighbor kids come over when they see that we have it out. It think it has been ridden in the past couple of weeks more than all the other times combined. I think that they will be enjoying this for many years to come.

Photobucket
And, for the sneaky child story:
Last night I had fixed dinner and chocolate chip cookies for dessert. We had told them that they had to eat a little bit of dinner before they got a cookie. Micah loved it and even got seconds, Hannah and Chloe ate a good sized portion, but Abbi sat there and refused to eat. We told her that it was her choice whether she ate or not, but she would not get a cookie if she didn't. So, she sat at the table and squawled and bawled as all the other kids had finished their cookie and gotten up from the table.

I sat at the table with her as she sat and pondered whether or not to eat. At one point, she asked for a napkin, and I handed her one. I watched her as she had her fork loaded. She put the fork up to her mouth, then acted like she was going to wipe her mouth at the same time. I wasn't born yesterday and could tell that she was going to put the contents of the fork into the napkin and then act like she had eaten it! I couldn't help but stifle a laugh. Even though it was sneaky and wrong, it was hilarious at the same time! Of course, I had to call her onto what I had witnessed, which then ensued a major meltdown, but we handled it and life goes on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like John and the Brussel Sprout. Did Abbi get her haircut?
Nana

Sozo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Buffy said...

We had thought about John too. Abbi and Hannah both got haircuts last week.