Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Baby in the Family will Always Be the "Baby" In the Family

It is interesting to see family dynamics, especially in larger families. My mother was the "baby" in her family. There were only 3 of them, but she born 9 and 10 years after my aunt and uncle, so she was always "babied". My uncle would pat my mother on the top of her head to show his affection, despite the fact that my mother was 60 when he passed away.

I see the same thing going on with my kids. Chloe isn't really that much younger than my other kids. Micah was only 6 when Chloe was born, but she is still such a "baby" to them. Well, she really isn't anymore, and I wonder sometimes if they'll be the ones patting her on the top of the head when she is 60.

A couple of weeks ago on a Saturday, I looked over and saw this sight on the couch. Abbi was patting her as a mother would and Chloe was happy as a clam being loved on by her older sister.

No comments: