Saturday, October 18, 2008

Oh My Goodness! Positively Mouth Watering Sinfulness!!


I just gotta say that I think I have found the most sinful dessert recipe that I have ever made!!! Doesn't it look yummy!?!?

I'm always on the lookout for new recipes to try out. I kind of like cooking, but never anything complicated (no time for that) or with a lot of weird ingredients that I have to go buy. We have had an abundance of apples since our orchard visit, so lately, I have been busy looking for good apple snacks and ways to prepare them. I stumbled across this recipe a few days ago and it met my easy and non-weird criteria, so I tried it out tonight. This recipe should come with a warning label! It is seriously the richest most perfect dessert that I have ever made! And, Jamie was excited, because the recipe called for a can of Mountain Dew. I can't say that I have ever cooked with Mountain Dew before, but I threw caution to the wind and did just as the recipe said (minus the cinnamon due to Abbi's allergy).

So here is the link. Just don't say that I didn't warn you!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/02/apple_dumplings/

If you look at the toolbar on the left of her website, she has a lot of other yummy recipes too!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

donald will surely love that...i'll have to try that out sometime

Anonymous said...

Isn't her website wonderful? :-) Those look delish.

Buffy said...

It is heavenly! I love her website. I also like hillbillyhousewife.com. You'll have to check that one out too if you haven't already!

Sozo said...

Be careful I think the recipe somehow causes you to want more and more each time you bite into it. I am pretty sure it is the MTN Dew. It is highly addicting. YUM!!!!

Glenn Hughes said...

First my daughter-in-law Rachel posts pictures of her homemade biscuits...now my other daughter-in-law is posting pictures of apple dumplings.

And nary an invite to come over and give a professional taste test.

Hmph!

-Dad

Buffy said...

Then, you're in luck, because I was planning on making them Saturday night for dessert!