Friday, November 21, 2008

A Call From the Assistant Principal

You know those moments in life where your heart sinks to your toes and you expect to hear something terrible? I had one of those moments a few minutes ago.

My phone rang and it was a number that I didn't recognize. I cautiously answered it and it was the Assistant Principal at the kids' school. So, my heart started beating a bit faster in preparation of whatever terrible news he had to pass along. He introduced himself and immediately said that I was on speaker phone, and my mind was going to very bad place as to where all this is leading. I mean, why else does the Principal call your house in the middle of the day unless it is bad?

So, then he tells me that he had Abigail with him and that her teacher had been noticing some things with her. He finally told me the reason for the call was to tell how she had been excelling wonderfully in school and is very respectful and a great addition to her class and the Highland Family. WHEW!

I'm so proud of her, and she said, "Hi Mommy" as she listened to our conversation. Maybe if I get another phone call like that in the future, I won't automatically anticipate the worst. Of course my kids are smart and wonderful...call and tell me something I don't know. Sheesh people!

No comments: