Monday, December 1, 2008

A Good Time with Family

We were "home" from Wednesday night to late Saturday afternoon. It was good to go back and just enjoy ourselves without a set agenda of events. We spent Thanksgiving day, which was unseasonably warm, with my family. We spent most of the day outside and we didn't even need a jacket for most of the day. The day consisted of eating, jumping on my old trampoline, the kids riding behind the 4 wheeler with my dad, and a pile of leaves. It was fun and a day that I think the kids will always remember.
Friday morning, Jamie and I went out for our first Black Friday sale. All, I gotta say is parents will do some crazy things for their kids! I really dislike huge crowds and always swore that I would never venture out into the madness just to save a buck. BUT...Micah had asked for something in particular and it was about half price. So, Jamie and I got up at 4am and was at Wal-Mart a little after 4:30. We went and waited beside this item and we ended up glad that we got there early, because there were only about 20 of them and they were gone within the hour!

While we were there, we ended up getting a few of the smaller deals (things that I would have bought anyways). It was like a scavenger hunt, but not as much fun! Nothing was put in a logical place in the store and none of the workers knew anything. So, Jamie would stand and guard our loot while I fought the crowds to walk around and scope out where things were. I literally could not even walk around and I didn't even have a cart. It was like a New York City traffic jam of carts up and down every aisle and everywhere. TERRIBLE, but we survived!

So, we finished up our weekend by eating even more and spending time with more family. We made a stop by our old church and visited with the pastor and secretary. It was nice to catch up with them too. Overall, it was just a good weekend. We were all tired though and ready for the comforts of home!

Next trip home...CHRISTMAS!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha...I'm proud of ya!
So will you go back next year? I think I like it cause it's the thrill of the hunt. lol

Anonymous said...

well, you need to send me that picture of me on the trampoline. it cracks me up.
Jordyn

Buffy said...

Well, I'll never say never, but it was not enjoyable to me. I only did it so that my child would have what he asked for. It was pure craziness!