Saturday, December 27, 2008

Home and So Sleepy!

Christmas Eve started with a wonderful service at church. I love Christmas eve! Even as an adult there is so much anticipation in the air that it just makes me bubble up inside. This was our first Christmas eve in the history of my life (or Jamie's) that we didn't see extended family. It was the first time since we moved here that I had felt a twinge of "homesickness", and I didn't like it! We debated on seeing a movie, but it was going to cost $40 and that is utterly ridiculous! So, we decided that if we were going to splurge on a night out, it had to be at a good restaurant. So, we ended up at the Olive Garden and the kids really enjoyed it. We came home to a couple of presents for the kids (from each other and from us) and watched a Christmas movie. All in all, when I went to bed that night, the homesickness had gone away and everything was fine.

We had a ball Christmas day, then headed to Murray about 5:00 that afternoon. We found out a couple of things to make next year's trip smoother. Fill up the car with gas before Christmas day and pack peanut butter sandwiches if you want to eat on the road! Wal-Mart was out of gas and the IGA was almost out of gas, but we finally got some. Then the kids started complaining about being hungry about an hour into the trip, but trying to find food was not an easy task. We finally found out that Hardee's was open until 8, but the one we chose only had 2 people working and a line around the building. What choice did we have, but to wait? These people were working on Christmas, for crying out loud.

So, we spent Friday and Saturday having Christmas celebrations and hanging out with family. We had alot of fun, but I'm very ready to snuggle in my own bed and I'm already looking forward to my Sunday afternoon nap. I'm really hoping that our music is extra peppy during church tomorrow or Jamie may have to poke me awake.

But, Christmas 2008 has come and gone. It was 4 days of celebration, too many toys, much laughter, and way too much food and stuffing our faces with junk. All is well though and every year I can hardly believe that another Christmas has past.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OUR FAMILY THOROUGHLY ENJOYED HAVING YOU STAY WITH US. WE MISSED EVERYONE AFTER YOU WERE GONE!
DKB