Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Last Day of the Year

I can't even begin to describe how I felt this morning as my feet hit the floor. I started out 2008 with some people close to my heart hurting and now I'm ending 2008 with some people near and dear to my heart hurting. Sometimes all we can do is pray. There are so many things in life that we'll never understand.

There has been so much to happen this year that I cannot even begin to summarize it all. We ended 2007 praying for a job change for Jamie and probably not one in the ministry at all. Jamie had become disheartened with the position he was in at the other church, and just wanted to wash his hands of the whole thing.

Well, God had other plans.

2008 has also taught me so much. It has taught me that...
  • I can be happy outside of Murray.
  • Quality time is actually better and makes better memories than quantity.
  • Kids are much more resilient and adaptable than adults.
  • I really like living in town
  • I can love a new youth group as much as the old.
  • God provides even when you have doubts.
  • God answers prayers in the way that He wants and not the way that you desire.
  • There is nothing like seeing your own child come to Christ.
  • Seeing people I love get married makes me bubble over with joy and become giddy like a school-girl.
  • Some teenagers are stronger than some adults.
  • That some prayers may go unanswered for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seeing that sign just makes me smile..it brings back the memories and the blessings that God granted us during that time. We are glad you all came. :)