Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Is it Piglet in a Dress or Olivia?

Chloe's new fascination is Olivia the Pig. It is a book series and very cute. She is quite obsessed with it actually. I also found while Christmas shopping that a stuffed Olivia in the red dress is quite impossible to find. Amazon has one that is not available yet and I should be getting an email when I can buy it. So, it is out for this Christmas, although we are asking Santa for the book:-)

Today, I was looking for a toy that I thought they would enjoy and came across this Piglet. He is the old fashioned Piglet, so his ears are bigger and he is a paler pink. It was actually a baby toy that Micah had. When I brought him out, Chloe said, "My Olivia!" and started carrying it around.
Well, after she had played with it a bit, I realized that if that Piglet had on a dress, then he would look remarkably like Olivia. I can't sew for anything, but I'm pretty handy with a hot glue gun. I went through my scraps of fabric and ribbon and made this little creation.
Poor Piglet. He's been stuffed in a box for some time now, only to come out and have a dress made for him. What will the others in the Hundred Acre Woods think of his new wardrobe? He's quite in touch with his feminine side after we got a hold of him and Chloe couldn't be happier!
I couldn't help, but just laugh. I mean, the things that we will do for our kids and the things that 2 year olds are happy with.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a wonderful job on the dress. How cute.....
Nana

Anonymous said...

That is just TOO precious! Great job on the dress!

Rachel

Anonymous said...

You can tell that I am an old mom because I have never heard of Olivia. Is that a new character?

The picture of Chloe and Olivia is sweet.

dkb

Buffy said...

Thanks! It is kind of funny. She has carried it around all day.

Olivia is fairly new. I think it was published in the 2000's, but not sure of exactly when.

We are excited though, because Nick Jr. has created the Olivia cartoon that will come on in January. Purely by coincidence. But, I'm glad, because the merchandise will be much easier to find!

Buffy said...

Also, Jamie reminded me that Uncle Max and Aunt Lorna had bought those little toys for Micah. I hadn't remembered it until he said that, but I think he is right.