Saturday, February 28, 2009

Another Principal's Award

Last Friday, I got another phone call from the assistant principal of the kids' school. This time, it didn't scare me as much. He had Hannah in his office and she got to read him a book and was nominated by her teacher for the principal's award. So, I got to talk a minute on speaker phone and she received her dog-tag for this achievement. My kids make me very proud! Their teachers are always full of compliments and they love getting recognized for their hard work.

So, I snapped this pictures yesterday morning with her dog-tag:

She bounced out of the house very excited to get to wear her dog-tag for the first time. A few hours later, Jamie received a phone call that Hannah had gotten violently ill and the nurse there was pretty worried about her. We got her home and she laid around all day and was pale and had no energy. I ended up at the doctor's office yesterday afternoon, and nothing came back affirmative, so you know how that goes. You get the ol', "its a virus" diagnosis. Today she seems fine though. I would love for everybody in my house to be healthy. The past couple of weeks have been horrendous!

On another note. We are headed to the Playzeum here in a bit and going to enjoy this gloomy Saturday. It is cold and flurrying. Have I mentioned that I'm ready for spring? It cannot come soon enough!

Also, Tuesday the girls both have parts in the school play. We are all very excited! Abbi has a speaking part and Hannah is singing a solo. This will be a great opportunity for Abbi to start facing her fear of getting up in front of people. I can't wait and there will surely be a post in the near future with pictures and video from their performances.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Hannah. I'm sorry that she was sick again.
Have fun at the Playzeum.
I wish I could be there for their program. I know Abbi and Hannah will do just fine.
Love ya
Nana

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of Hannah. You have the best kids!

DKB