Sunday, March 1, 2009

It's Shania's Dress

About 11 years ago, I bought this jumper for my youngest niece, Shania (who is now 13). It was a Christmas present and I even remember buying it, because I was torn between the navy blue and a khaki one. Well several years ago, when I started having girls of my own, my sister gave the dress back to me to be worn again (and again and again).

So, whenever I have put any of my girls in this dress, I can't help but think of Shania when she was itty bitty like this. Now she is a grown up girl that I literally have to look up to now that she is several inches taller than I am. Ok, who am I kidding, I'm only 5'1 and I have to look up to most people, but she is still suppose to be itty bitty, you know?

As I was about to snap Chloe's picture this morning, she gave me her fake, "I'm not happy" sad face. It is one we are seeing often lately. It is mainly used to get out of certain situations. She makes her upside down face and tries to look as pitiful as she can. Don't let her little schemes fool you though, the other day, I got her to laugh while making this pitiful face. So I think she will be the next actress in the house for sure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last time I saw that pink bag, it had bath gel all over it. How did you get it fluffy again?
We would like to have some family pics made and need some dates you will be in Murray so we can make an appt. We are looking at Gwen Moss Photography but are open to suggestions. The last family photos were taken before Micah was born. Oh, so long ago.
Pat

Buffy said...

I just took a wet rag to the bag, and it dried fine. She's played with it by filling it with random stuff for the past 2 weeks now.

We don't have any certain dates to be in Murray. Just run some dates by us and we'll make sure they are clear. That is probably the easiest way to do it.

We'll probably be headed to murray for a visit in the next few weeks. We are all itching to go back for a visit.

Anonymous said...

OMG. Can you believe that Shania was once that size? That dress is still so cute. I think that it is sweet that it was able to get handed down throughout the years.
DKB