Thursday, February 19, 2009

Cindy Lou Who #2 and Abbi Update

It was "crazy hair day" for Hannah's class today. So, she left all excited and sort of like Cindy Lou Who too. This school does a great job of doing positive reinforcement. The kids love it and it doesn't cost anybody anything. Proof that we don't have to buy a ton of fancy gadgets to entertain our children!

Abbi finally ended up in the doctor's office yesterday after getting up 3 nights in a row severely sick at her stomach. My first inkling on Monday was that she possibly had strep throat like Hannah did. But, I had asked her a million times if her throat hurt and she assured me that it didn't. I called the nurse line at the doctor's and they said there is a 72 hour stomach bug that is going around, but I went ahead and made an appointment for the next day hoping that I could cancel. Well, we ended up there and she was positive for strep! Even the doctors were confused, because her throat was only slightly irritated looking and not swollen and all like strep does. Whatever the case, she got 2 doses of anti-biotics yesterday and is at school today. Now, I kick myself for not taking her sooner, but isn't that what mommy is suppose to do?

So, today is our first "normal" day since the trip. Chloe is excited to finally get to the library and it'll be nice to make a wal-mart run. We are running out of everything around here since I've not been able to leave the house!

Now, we just have to pray that nobody else gets the strep!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hannah is adorable! She has such a pretty smile!

DKB