Sunday, March 29, 2009

So....My Child Has a Purple Nose


This picture does not do it justice. The tip of his nose looks bruised. He decided that putting his nose into a drawstring bag and cutting the circulation off to his nose was a good idea. When I picked him up from Children's church, I thought he had marker on his nose. I asked him about it, then he proceeded to demonstrate this "fun" thing he was doing. Later we found out that people thought it was funny, so that only fueled it, and he saw himself and thought he looked funny too. Needless to say, he got a good talking to and got his drawstring backpack taken away for now.

Sometimes you just have to sit and wonder what goes through a child's head. Do they just think, "hey, let me see if pinching my nose off in this rope will feel good?". What is even the thought process there?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Buffy but I laughed out loud. It had to hurt.
DKB

Anonymous said...

Well I was wondering what he was doing yesterday when we were picking the kids up..haha.

Oh kids...I tell ya what they won't do!

He gets it from Jamie doesn't he? lol

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but that scared me. I thought "if he will do that to his nose because others think it is funny, then what is next".
Nana

Buffy said...

No, I'm not worried a bit. He is just a silly kid being a silly kid.