Friday, March 27, 2009

2 Students of the Month


Micah and Abbi both received the honor of "Student of the Month". Each teacher chooses a child that represents the character trait represented for that month. This month's character trait was "Hope". Micah's teacher told him that he always has a great attitude in everything, so that is why she chose him. Yes, Mr. Laid Back does have a great attitude. Nothing really seems to bother this kid much. Even my little Drama Queen is apparently happy-go-lucky at school (go figure). I'm proud of them both and they were proud of themselves too!

I'm sure it was pure coincidence that 2 of my kids just happen to get it on the same day, but you can imagine that it caused some hurt feelings on Hannah's behalf. She cried for a bit, but I reminded her that she had received some recognition herself and that she may get it another time. My heart went out to her. I know that things don't always feel "fair"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell Hannah that she is my student of the month. (as well as Micah and Abbi). I'm so proud of my grandchildren.
Nana