Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Strep Throat Round 4

Yep, Hannah has it again! We have the ENT appointment on Monday. It can't come soon enough! I told them when I got that referral (which was 2 weeks ago) that I would probably see them again before we made it to the ENT. I was right. I really hate the thought of her going through surgery, but we can't keep doing this either. She has had it every 2 weeks since February 12th.

They did some further sensativity testing and such on her culture last time and it showed that she has been taking the right anti-biotics after all. I was kind of hoping that they had been giving her the wrong medication, and that the right one would knock it out for good. I guess that is not the case. I'm trying not to get too worked up about the thought of it, but I'm afraid that might be too late. Hannah, on the other hand, has a great attitude about it. She doesn't even really feel that bad this time, because we caught it before the fever and all set in. Her throat is just sore and she is acting normal.

So, Monday we'll have some more answers and information hopefully. What is a mama to do except just pray?

On a lighter and much more fun note. Jamie is on his way to meet my sister to pick up 2 of my nieces to visit for the week.

No comments: