Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring Break is Winding to a Close

Spring Break 2009 is now almost officially over. We enjoyed our week even though the weather was kind of iffy about half the time. My nieces came up on Tuesday night and left today. Hopefully they didn't get too bored with the pretty non-eventful week. When I would ask them what they wanted to do, I would get the shrug and the "I don't know" answer, so we just carried on as usual with the exception of one shopping day. My sister and brother-in-law left Murray early this morning and came to our church service. I think that Davida was getting stir crazy with her house that was too quiet. We went out to eat and visited with them this afternoon and they are now on their way back home. It has been a very nice day!

It is so funny living with teenagers. I can get a small glimse into my future I suppose. It is fun for me to have a more "grown-up" conversation with people during the day. In some ways I dread the teenager years that lie ahead of me, but when I have my nieces around, it makes me realize that teenagers can be pretty cool and fun to be around too. If nothing else, they make me laugh a whole lot. They are both really good kids, and I hope that they realize that. So, the house will seem a bit quieter this week as my big kids go back to school and things go back to "normal".

Tomorrow is Hannah's ENT appointment. I'm very anxious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The girls had an awesome time hanging out with your family. I appreciated you letting them come for a visit!

DKB