Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Tonsils are Coming Out

Hannah's surgery is scheduled for the morning of April 22nd with an overnight stay in the hospital. Since that is still 2 weeks away, we still have to live in dread of her getting strep one more time before the surgery. If her pattern continues, she'll probably have strep in the middle of next week, but that still gives her a week to recover. Praying that we don't have to deal with any sickness beforehand at all though, of course.

The best part about that date is that she can enjoy Easter and her Birthday. It is 2 days before Chloe's birthday, but hopefully she'll be up for some ice cream or something to help us celebrate. I guess there is never a "perfect" time for surgery, huh? Always something to get in the way. The doctor even said that we could hold off until the summer, but at the rate we are going, she'll be living on an anti-biotic until then and I don't really like that either. So, the sooner we can get this done and get through it, the better for her and everybody.

I dread it like the plague like any mommy would. I even dread taking her for the preliminary bloodwork next week though. None of our kids have ever had a real surgery. We've had 2 kids that got stitches and they did put Chloe to sleep for that, but the kind of sleep you have when you get your teeth cut out. None of them have ever had to be in the hospital outside of Abbi not getting to come home after she was born.

So, for the next 2 weeks, I get to think about the dread of the 22nd. Her doctor seems really fantastic though, so I was happy about that. I know that this will be better for her in the long run even if I second guess myself and wonder the "what if's". It should be a no brainer and I know that. The kid can't live with strep throat and on anti-biotics forever. We've got to try something.

No comments: