Monday, May 4, 2009

Busy Busy

Hannah started back to school today. She did well, although her throat is still sore. She probably didn't drink enough today though. Maybe by this weekend, she can put sore throats behind her. I hope so anyways! She is glad to for things to be back to normal.

Micah is at Annie Jr. practice. I knew it would be busy, but hearing all the information made me realize more than ever that maybe it was a good thing he got a part with no lines. HA! He will be practicing around 3X a week for 2 hours a session, which of course, is right in the middle of supper, so we are having to shift our schedules on those days to eat an early dinner. Tonight I wasn't prepared for him to be gone so long, but now I know and can plan accordingly. Many of the minor characters were double cast, so he will only be performing every other night of the production. There were over 60 kids to audition and 37 or so participating. I'm very proud of him! But, much to my dismay, they aren't letting on-lookers in on practices. They want to keep it a surprise for opening night and it also helps with the distractions of the actors, so we came on home.

Jamie is helping at the church and will be all week, pretty much. They are trying to get the sanctuary in working condition. The church remodeling has been very exciting! I can't wait to see it all complete.

We also got some potential bad news from the IRS today. Instead of the refund we were suppose to have tomorrow, they are saying we now owe 3X as much! I went out to tell Jamie and Jamie thought that I had gotten a phone call that someone had died. I can only imagine how stressed my face must have been. I feel a wee bit better after Jamie called our accountant though. She is going to look at what they are saying, but she said not to sign anything, because she doesn't think they are correct. Maybe I can breathe a sigh of relief over that one next week. Seems like we are always suppose to be financially strapped no matter what we do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will have to keep us posted on Micah's stage nights...we are planning on making a trip to see the fantastic Sandy.
DKB

Buffy said...

If you go to this website:

http://www.theatreworkshop.org/

click on "Annie Jr." and you can download a PDF file with the cast list and dates. All the younger kids were double cast and I think they said they would go every other night, and I haven't gotten the specifics on that yet. But, it will give you some ideas of the dates anyways.

He had a ball! I just hope we can swing 6+ hours of practice and school at the same time!

Anonymous said...

I am assuming maybe since his name is listed first then he will perform the first set of dates??? But if it is different, just let me know. I have already put them on my calendar.
DKB