Thursday, June 11, 2009

15 Years!!

Jamie and I have been married 15 years today. It was very hot and humid that day and very sunny that morning. We were scheduled to be married at 6pm. Well, about 5:30, the clouds came over and it started pouring down rain. Not just a little bit, but a lot and then it started hailing. We had several people that didn't make it to the wedding, because of the weather and we ended up having to get married a few minutes late, because people couldn't even get out of their cars. It was kind of ridiculous, but at the same time, I remember staring out the window of the church and while my mother and some others were freaking out about the weather. I was still excited and had a smile on my face that I was getting married. That is all I wanted that day. I had come to get married to the love of my life and start my new life. It didn't matter to me if we had everybody we'd ever met there. It only mattered to me that I was going to walk down the aisle towards my future husband.

Here we are 15 years and 4 kids later. I know that getting married at 19, we had the odds against us. I know that there were probably people that had their doubts about us, but never have I doubted. Jamie and I have been a part of each others lives since we were 13. We already knew more about each other than some people getting married when they are 30. I'm sure we have changed through the years, but we just grew together and changed together. Isn't that what marriage is about anyways?

Here we are on our wedding day. This is the only picture I have on my computer. That is my lovely grandmother with us in the picture.
This was us last year at the Melting Pot on our 14th Anniversary.

This is a picture that Jordyn snapped of us after Jamie officiated John and Rachel's wedding. It is actually one of my favorite pictures of us.
I have great comfort in the fact that I always have my best friend by my side. I have been so blessed to have a husband that is a 'hands on' daddy, and doesn't mind helping me around the house if needed. I also love that he not only supports the conviction I have to stay home with my family, but also shares in the same conviction. He is somebody that I can cry with, laugh with, and even if I'm sitting around in my pj's he thinks I'm beautiful.

I'm a very blessed lady and I know that. Husbands like these are few and far between. It may have been 15 years, but I hope that it is 50 more!

5 comments:

Sozo said...

Ok you weren't suppose to make me cry on our anniversary. With tears in my eyes I have to say I love you more each day. I am truly blessed...truly.

Anonymous said...

I also teared-up. I know it is a true blessing when God's puts two people together (from all the folks in the world) that blend together so well. I know Glenn and I celebrated our 35th last week, and yes I would do it all over again. I am so happy that my children have found someone equally as special.
I'm sorry that we were not able to come to Owensboro and watch the grandchildren while you and Jamie celebrated. I have a new schedule now and it make things a little difficult at times.
Congratulations on your 15 years.
Big hugs.
Pat

Denisha said...

Happy Anniversary! I love both of you so much and don't know what I would do without each of you!

BTW My wedding was the same color of Grandmothers dress that she is wearing at yours! I miss her so much. She was happy on your wedding day i know but she just hated getting her picture taken!

Buffy said...

Thanks! Yes, I had thought about that dress Grandmother wore to my wedding when you decided on your colors. She always was a "pink" gal anyways, and I guess she passed that on to you and me.

We are still going out on Saturday. We got a sitter from church. It has only been a year since our last "date". Long overdue!

Anonymous said...

Okay...now everyone is crying.

Happy Anniversary!!!

DKB