Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Relaxing in the Sun and Our Craft Project

Yesterday the kids played in the hose to keep cool. They ended up muddy and fighting over who held the hose. So, last night, I plopped some money down on a wading pool for the patio. They came in much cleaner and it entertained them for over 2 hours. Chartruse (the dolphin) and Carla (the turtle) even enjoyed the day swimming around:-)

They've been on vacation for 3 days, and I'm already dreading how quickly I know the summer will fly by. Seems like almost every week has something planned and it'll be over before we even realize it. Can't it just be a little longer? I love the non-hectic mornings, letting them play outside until they are totally worn out, and enjoying the longer evenings sitting outside, and ditching the 8:00 bedtime to enjoy our time together. Awwwwww....the joys of not having a schedule!
Yesterday we worked on a project that I had been thinking about since Hannah came home from the hospital. She got several balloons and I was trying to figure out a way to enjoy them longer than the helium. When the balloons finally deflated, I kept them in my craft stuff for a later date. Now that school is out, we finally had time to do it.

So, her balloons went from this:

To this:

With some Mod Podge, scissors, and foam board, we now have cute girly wall art. Micah was not thrilled about having this hang on the bedroom wall, but we are moving him over to his own space very soon anyways. I think he can suffer until then!

5 comments:

Denisha said...

I would have never even thought of a name like Chartruse...and Chloe thought it up. lol. They look so cute. And you do the coolest things with your kids.

Buffy said...

Actually Abbi named Chartruse and Chloe named Carla. It is funny though. Abbi wraps a jump rope around Chartruse and takes her for a walk. LOL!

Denisha said...

oh my bad. must have gotten that mixed up.

Anonymous said...

The balloon project turned out sooo cute.
Pat

Anonymous said...

Cute art idea! You can glue a coke tab on the back so you can hang it up.

I thought Abbi's swimsuit was very cute by the way. You will have to tell her that she made a good choice (after the swimswuit drama).

I am afraid of what my great nieces and nephews will be named...

DKB