Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Awana Awards

My kids have completed their first year in the Awana program. Sunday night was the awards night and all the kids did so well. Memorizing scripture at a young age is so important. Those words will be hidden in their hearts and it will help carry them through their entire life. They really enjoyed themselves and I've even learned some new scriptures as I help them memorize each week. What a great program!

Chloe was a Puggle this year. It is the youngest group in Awana. They all looked so cute up on stage. I don't really think any of them sang their little song. They were too mesmorized about being in front of a crowd. I figured that Chloe would love being up there, but I was wrong. She looked terrified the entire time.
But, she was excited to get her certificate and goody bag.
The big girls were in Sparks together and they both did really well this year. Abbi completed 2 entire books and Hannah was almost done with that 2nd book when the Awana year ended. They memorized several verses a week.

Micah was in T&T Boys (Truth and Training). He also did very well. Their books are a lot more detailed with more questions and things to write. He was just a few pages shy of completing that first book.

I'm glad that we are in a church that really cares about the kids and has programs that are on their level. It was an answer to prayer and I think one of the many reasons that Micah now knows Jesus as his personal savior.

Yesterday was Jamie's day off, so we headed to the Splash park. Well, it was overcast about the time that we got there, so it made the temps much cooler. It felt nice, but not so nice if you were playing in the cold water. The girls couldn't take it for very long and finally ended up on the bench beside us covered in beach towels. After about an hour, we headed home to let the kids dry off and warm up.

Chloe had on a little beach cover up. She was cold, so put the hood up and apparently dozed off soon after we arrived home. I was in the other room reading a bit and when I came around the corner, this is what I found.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chloe doesn't look too thrilled in the first picture. I was surprised to see how long her hair has gotten.
I am a huge supporter of Awana. It is a great program.
DKB