Friday, June 26, 2009

Oh so busy, but soon to wind down for a bit!

The kids have been out of school for 3 weeks. It has been very busy! I think that after Sunday, we should be able to wind down for a few weeks (I think!). At that point, VBS 2009 and "Annie" will be behind us. Both have been great, and I'm not complaining in the least, but it has been more difficult to peel my eyes open in the morning the past few days!

Tonight is the finale of the VBS. I'm sure Abbi will be mortified! She gets so embarrassed when Jamie has to participate in some of the silly kid stuff on stage (and he always seems to be the guinea pig!). I guess being a PK does have its drawbacks sometimes. One of which, your daddy is sure to embarrass you really good throughout your childhood!

Micah had another performance last night. He did great, but I also noticed that a couple of the actors were much more confident up there. They already did great, but last night was the best I had seen. We also got our picture disk yesterday. It was from dress rehearsal, and I was so glad to get them since we couldn't take our own pictures. Here are a couple from Micah's big scene.



On another note. Jamie and I are getting ready to tighten our belts even tighter. I mentioned a while back that we are doing the whole Dave Ramsey plan. Since we have sold our house in March, it seems we have been doing a 2 steps forward, 1 step back dance. That gets frustrating, but we are trudging on ahead!

We have stopped buying bottled water thanks to a water filter. We had talked about this off and on since we moved here, but I was afraid to buy one and it not work. Well, it works, so no more bottled water! That saves $25 or so a month!

Another major change ahead is that we are dropping cable. We began to realize that we are paying a bill for TV that has nothing on it. Yea, we had some "go to" channels, but nothing that we just have to watch. Really, most of what is on anymore is kind of a waste of time anyways. So, we ordered our $40 digital converter coupons, which should be on their way, ordered a transmitter that will send images/sound from our computer to our TV, a new graphics card, and we will need an antenna. We are planning on doing a lot of Hulu, Fancast, and Netflix streamlining! All of this will save an additional $35 a month (even with an internet bump-up).

Grand total of savings each month....$60! Not too shabby! Dave would be proud. LOL!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, did Jamie embarass Abbi? I guess Annie is finished. I hope you and Davida had a good time.
Pat