Monday, June 15, 2009

Practice, Practice, and More Practice!

Annie Jr. is upon us! I can hardly believe it! They have been practicing a ton with dress rehearsals and trying to get everything to perfection. I can't wait to see it all pull together. I know the kids have been working really hard.

He is very excited and always comes back grinning from ear to ear! I think he is making some new friends and I love that he has found something that is up his alley. As parents, I feel that it is our job to encourage and nurture what our kids love and not necessarily the other way around, which often happens.

Yesterday was a big practice day. He was there for several hours, so we were talking to him about it. He was telling us different things about the day, then he said, "I don't know why, but the ladies are all over me!" I said, "The ladies are all over you?". He said, "Yea, all the girls tell me how cute I am and pat me on the head even when I don't have my costume on". I about died laughing! The things they come out with sometime. He is such a nut! Of course, who can resist those big dimples, long lashes, and freckles anyways?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is it, that the boys get the long eyelashes, and the girls, especially me, get stuck with little stubby eyelashes.
He definitely is a cutey. Can't wait to see him.
Pat

Anonymous said...

It was bound to happen sooner or later. What else could you expect? He's a Hughes male!

Glenn