Monday, July 20, 2009

Proof That I'm a Library Nerd!

A couple of months ago, I entered an essay contest through the library. I honestly can't even remember the exact theme. It was something about how the library has helped you during these low economic times. They announced it at Storytime and I came home and took about 10 minutes and wrote out an essay.

I had totally forgotten about it, but got an email sometime while we were gone that said that I was one of the winners (they chose 4) and I needed to come in today to claim my prize. So, I got a $50 Kroger Gift card. You know you lead a very boring life when you are excited about a $50 Kroger Gift card. It will also be submitted to Woman's Day magazine. I'm really not even sure what they are doing with them. Another contest or just publishing them??? Who knows, but maybe I'll find out soon.

The library said that it would probably be on their website later too. It's not yet, but I'll be sure to post a link if it ends up there. Hey, I'm kind of interested in what the heck I wrote too! I cannot really remember, to be honest. It's been a while and it was never on our computer, because I didn't think much of it.

So, I went to Kroger this afternoon and had practically an overflowing cart of deals. I only had to spend $66, but we are good for the entire week, I think. I'll admit that I get the "bargain high" whenever I do well with our money and it becomes sort of a game of "see how cheap I can come out of the store" to me, so I came out of there with an extra spring in my step.

Isn't it great to see God providing in very unconventional ways? I think that is what I loved most about it. It stretched our money out for the week and Baby step 1 is almost complete!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must have won 1st prize then. Congrats! Let me know if it will be published in the magazine.

DKB

Buffy said...

I just looked on the Woman's Day website. Apparently they are choosing 4 from nationwide entries and is suppose to be in the March 2010 magazine. I'm not holding my breath on that one, but I'm sure I'll hear something if I'm chosen. That is a big "if". There is a big difference in winning a local contest and a national one.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you never know. Maybe the big prize would be a free vacation or something.

DKB