Monday, July 13, 2009

Staycation #2

The past few days have been busy and we have officially wrapped up Jamie's time off. Friday we went to Louisville to the Science Museum (got in free since we are a member of the museum here) and Saturday we headed to Murray to visit with some family and friends.

For the first time in a year, we were able to visit the church we left behind too, which was nice. It felt "different" in a lot of ways, but everybody welcomed us with open arms. One thing that stuck out to me more than anything else was how huge all the kids looked! I know that people thought the same thing about my kids, but boy do these kids grow in a year. That part was just crazy!

Yesterday after church we finally walked over to where our home was. The kids were anxious to see what everything would looked like. Why is it that the rectangle that is left, seems so much smaller than our home did? This was the first time we've been back since the house has been moved.
Otherwise, we spent the weekend helping out some family that needed us, eating some good food, and trying to soak up all the vacation that we had left. Today, the real world began again. Jamie mowed the yard and I'm cleaning the house from top to bottom and washing laundry like crazy in preparation for youth camp on Wednesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can remember when we built out house that the foundation looked so tiny and I cried. It was hard for me to get a visual.
I think that is funny now!

DKB