Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First Day of School 2009-2010


So, today begins a new chapter again. I now have a child in the 1st, 2nd, and 4th grades. Abbi and Hannah were both a little excited and a little nervous this morning. Micah wasn't nervous, but wasn't excited either.

Hannah told me the other day that she was glad that she was a 'grader' this year, because pre-school and kindergarten was for little kids. Of course, I nodded along and agreed, and was secretly laughing in my head. She thinks she is so big now going into the 1st "grade". She can hardly wait to get real homework this year. What is wrong with her?

Abbi thinks that she will have to do more homework this year. I'm afraid that she might be right. Micah's 2nd grade load wasn't too bad, but that was before we were at a "Blue Ribbon School" too. No matter what, I'm sure she will do great and make a ton of friends. She is my social butterfly in the family. Her best friend that lives up the road ended up in a different room this year, much to her disappointment.

Micah was dreading the 4th grade. He knows that 3rd grade was pretty busy and is afraid that 4th will be even worse. I tried to tell him not to assume that. He won't know until he dives in. He is a smart cookie and can do it no matter what. Just to be honest, I dread the 4th grade too, but maybe it won't be as bad as I anticipate. I just really want my kids to be kids while they can.

There was quite a difference in attitude from Miss Chloe this morning from last year. She knew what was going on and walked with us to drop them off and was totally fine with it. She was all smiles and is looking forward to some mommy time, I guess. She told us that she probably wouldn't scream as much with them in school. You think? All the screaming around here is over toys and petty stuff. With no siblings around, I'm sure she won't scream as much. LOL!

And, something funny...here is Chloe's attitude about school last year. HA!
So, I'm looking forward to a good year. It is always kind of sad for me. It means they are growing up. It means that I won't have them here all day with me. It means that "real" life begins again. But, I think the schedule is good for everybody (me included) and I've got a list of house projects a mile long that is impossible to do with 4 kids under foot. So, if there are any positives about the first day of school that is it.

So, I'm praying for a good year for everybody and that they will learn a lot, make a lot of friends, and show them Christ through their actions and behavior.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pictures. I hope they have a good school year...and library year with no screaming.

DKB