Monday, August 10, 2009

Do I dare even declare it?

For fear of jinxing myself? Chloe is officially "potty trained" now! Woohoo! Stubborn little thing! She finally made up her little mind that she was going to do it though. She is doing fantastic and has been for about a week now. I can hardly believe that after almost 10 years of changing a little one, that chapter is closed. That is one thing that I certainly will not miss!

It was funny though, because she finally moved to the "potty trained" room for Sunday school. She was all proud of herself and will also start Children's choir and Cubbies in the coming week. AWANA starts next weekend, and there were not classes for the kids last night. No big deal. The kids brought some books and things and were going to sit with me in youth. Well, I took Chloe to the Nursery and she had the upset down face and was starting to cry. On Sunday nights, when there are no classes, the 2 and 3 year olds combine. Well, they meet in the 2 year old room. I think she felt like she was being demoted or something since she went to the "big girl" class that morning. So, I just took her with me to youth. Some things are just not worth the battle, and I didn't want her to feel like she was in the "baby" class anymore. It ended up being funny though. What a long way she has come in a week!!!!

We have realized though (as if we didn't already know) how head-strong Chloe is. God love her, I think she will give us many grey hairs when she is a teenager! Once she makes up her mind about something, there is no going back or changing her mind. Hmmmm....wonder where she got that from? LOL! OK, so maybe she will be a decent teenager. I really attribute my head-strongness (is that a word?) to me not being a target for peer pressure. So, we'll see how all that turns out. I don't think that being a little bit of a hard head is such a bad thing sometimes in this world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of Chloe. I guess I will have to buy her some princess panties.
Pat