Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Very Exciting Places

I have 3 nieces who mean the world to me! Today they are each in very exciting places in their lives. At this moment, they are each making some memories that will last forever in their mind's eye. What a neat time in their lives!

Shania is my "baby" niece who, at 13 years old, is already a few inches taller than I am. Today is Shania's her very first day of high school. I know that she is probably excited and nervous all at the same time. I thought about her a lot last night wondering if she was even going to sleep. High school is a big deal in the life of a teenager and one of those milestones that she'll be telling her kids about. When did she become such a lady?
Jordyn is my middle niece. She is 16 and learning to drive, which is scary experience for all involved. HA! For the past few weeks, she has been at a sports camp in North Carolina. She still has a few weeks to go before she gets back home. I've seen several pictures of her and the scenery is beautiful and she is getting to do some things that are exciting and she may never get to do again. What an amazing opportunity for a young lady. And, no matter what she thinks right now (I'm sure it is mixed emotions some days), when she is older, she'll look back and think about this summer with a smile on her face. I can almost guarantee that! She will never forget this opportunity.

Denisha, my oldest niece, surrendered to the mission field a few years ago. She is also getting ready to celebrate her 1st anniversary with her wonderful husband next weekend. But right now, she is sitting in Arizona on a Native American reservation for the 2nd time in her life. She called me last night, and was filling me in with some of the adventures of the past 2 days. I know that she is impacting the lives of the people there for the Lord. I also know that she will come home changed each time she goes and they will impact her just as much.
I'm a very proud aunt!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Denisha is in Arizona, Jordyn is in North Carolina and Shania traveled to St. Louis over the weekend. It sounded crazy thinking about them dotted across the United States. I guess I need to swallow the fact that they are not babies anymore.
DKB

Sozo said...

This all reminds me that Davida is getting old. So when is the big 4 0? I know all of the girls are having fun though.

Anonymous said...

Hey now...I won't be 40 for awhile.