Thursday, October 8, 2009

Rock-n-Roll



Tonight we attended a Rock-n-Roll concert. It was performed by some of the cutest 2nd graders ever too. Abbi had a speaking part and she did superb. Very proud of her for reaching out to overcome her phobia of being in front of people. She volunteered to have a part. When I asked her about it, she said, "I'll just pretend that the people aren't watching me like I do with soccer". She said she was a bit nervous, but you couldn't tell a bit. It was a very cute program though and so that it one program down for the year and 2 more to go for the Hughes bunch.

They also had pizza and a book fair going on. We did both. Book fairs are always very nerve racking for us parents, because the kids are so indecisive. Well, a couple of kids are indecisive. Clifford the Big Red Dog was also there visiting the Book fair. Chloe is in love with Clifford. Every time we go to the library, she gets a different Clifford book (bet you can't guess what kind she bought tonight either). But, she was in heaven when she saw Clifford standing there. I was just getting my camera out of my bag when she ran up and gave him the biggest hug. She busted through people and everything to get up there. It was so funny. Of course, since I was fumbling around, I missed the Kodak moment, but got this on instead. I had to make her go back up there. She just wanted her hug and to be done with it. So funny!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry we couldn't see Abbi in her performance. I'm sure she was the cutest one there.
Pat

Anonymous said...

Tell Abbi that I am proud of her for facing her fear! I have never been able to overcome that fear myself and I hate speaking in front of a crowd.

DKB