Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


It is that time of year again! Seems like it comes quicker and quicker every year. It is a time to stop and reflect on the blessings that God has given you and spend time with family. It is also the beginning of the Christmas season, which is even more special.

This year I have many things to be thankful for. Jamie and I are very blessed, and we know that beyond a doubt. God has been very good to us over the years. We've had moments where our faith was put to the test. We've had times where things weren't really all the "peachy", but in the end, we were carried through and that is what it is all about anyways. If things were always hunky dory, we would never appreciate God's blessings to their fullest.

So, this year as I stop to reflect of the things in my life that are the most important:
  • Jesus and his sacrifice for me, and his constant unwavering love and patience.
  • My kids who bless me more and more each day. Without them my life would be incomplete.
  • My wonderful Christian Godly husband. I believe 100% that God had him in mind when he created me (and vice-versa). God knew what I needed in a husband and he gave it to me. I really don't know what I did to deserve him. He is my best friend and much much more. He is a wonderful daddy and that makes me love him that much more. I enjoy very much being his help mate and wife!
  • Being a stay-at-home mommy! 12 years ago when I graduated from college I had dreams of becoming a teacher. I wanted to mold and sculpt little minds and make a difference in kids' lives. Little did I know that I would be doing just that, but without a paycheck!
  • Jamie's ministry. His job is a "breath of fresh air" as he describes it and although it comes with its own challenges in life, he is really enjoying himself by serving the Lord at Walnut.
  • The beginnings of some new personal relationships and friendships. This was something that I have prayed for for a long time. I can see God working this out and I'm very thankful. I've needed some connections here.
  • Letting our house in Murray be sold! As of March, we have carried 1 less house payment and that has been a tremendous blessing and answer to prayer. No more tears over stupid finances! We have since paid Jamie's car off and gotten a nice savings for emergencies. Nothing in life is perfect, and we've had a few curveballs, but we are prepared for them now.
  • Our families health. Nothing is taken for granted. We hear of people getting sick and losing loved ones all the time. I know that we are tremendously blessed just by being healthy and not having any major accidents this year.
  • My extended family. I don't get to see them as much anymore, but I know that they are still there by our side (just 150 miles away). My sister and nieces are my best friends in life and I wouldn't take anything for them! Jamie's parents are always there for us when we call. We are very much loved and supported.
  • Our home. I've said it many times over the past year and a half that we've been here. Even though this house is not technically ours, it is still our home and we appreciate it.
  • Little kid giggles, tickles, good-night kisses, hugs, and much much more.
I think I could go on and on all day. We are very blessed and we have nothing or no one to thank except He who created us. He is the one that has given us all of the things listed above and much much more.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see you all. Abbi looks like she has grown (or Hannah has shrunk). I feel just as fortunate to have the perfect mate in life. So many people do not have that kind of fortune. We can both thank God for the men in our lives.
Pat