Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas 2009 Was a Blast!

We started out the night before Christmas Eve watching "The Nativity Story". We finally just bought the movie, because we want to watch it every year and love it so much. We were able to use this as an opportunity for our kids to learn a bit more about the birth of Christ. I got a giggle when I found out that Micah didn't realize that Mary had to actually be pregnant with Jesus. How did he miss this part of the story for 10 years? He was just remembering the scripture that said that Jesus would be lying in a manger, and thought that Mary and Joseph had to go find him like everybody else.

On Christmas Eve we went to the movies and watched "The Princess and the Frog". It has been about 2 years since we had been to a movie. Well, I went once with some friends more than a year ago, but Jamie or the kids have not been since "Horton Hears a Who". Chloe just kept saying, "This is the biggest TV I've ever seen!" It was so cute and we all really enjoyed the movie. It was one of the best Disney films I've seen in a long while.

Then it was Christmas Eve service at church, which was very nice. Of course, Chloe had to get up in the middle of service for the bathroom. When we came back into the sanctuary she took off like a bullet down the wrong aisle and I had to chase her down. I could feel every eye boring into the back of my head!

We came home and enjoyed some fondue! We dipped all kinds of things in a cheesy fondue, then had chocolate fondue for dessert. I think that chocolate dipped strawberries were the favorite!

We snuggled up with the movie and we had Norad tracking Santa up on the computer. It was so funny. The kids would turn around every few minutes to make sure Santa was not in the United States yet. He was in South America when they went to bed, so all was well.

Christmas morning was great as usual. Nothing like having kids on Christmas morning with messy hair, paper flying, and squeals of excitement. Every year, Jamie and I almost forget that we have a present to open, because we get so wrapped up into watching and playing with the kids.

That afternoon, we took off to Murray and did Christmas with extended families and got back home Saturday evening. The kids slept all the way home, but Jamie and I were exhausted!!!

Yesterday, my wonderful husband took down all our Christmas decorations while I cleaned the house. I couldn't take one more minute of the craziness!

So, this week we are enjoying being off. Jamie has to work a few days, but has a long weekend, which is nice.


I tried to capture the kids opening their favorite presents:

This is Chloe and her Furreal Cat:

Micah and his Air Hog Helicopter (that thing is pretty cool). We thought it was broke the first day he had it, but turns out Jamie found the problem and was able to fix it.



Abbi and her puppet named Harry. She is a hoot with Harry and he is going to grow to her hand I'm afraid:

Hannah opening her piggy bank. Yep, a piggy bank was her favorite present and what she wanted the most. Not just any piggy bank, but one that she can paint and decorate. Can you believe that the paints that she got were dried out upon opening. Off to the store this afternoon to get some more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I busted out laughing when I saw the picture of Harry. Harry has a funny personality!

DKB