Friday, January 15, 2010

Spending a Friday Night Alone

Tonight Jamie is at a lock-in. It is the first one since coming to this church. He does very few lock-ins. They are not his favorite thing in the world even though he knows the youth love them. The last lock in I chaperoned was.....well....a couple of the youth that attended just graduated from college if that tells you anything. There are many times that I truly mourn not getting to do things with the youth like I desire, but this is one things that I don't really envy, I'll be honest. I'm not good with sleep deprivation!

I did my girl's Bible study at 6:00 and the girls were all a buzz. It looked like they had a great turn out too, which is great! I even had 2 extra kids in my Bible study, which was exciting too!

So, the kids and I came home and the kids went to bed at 8:00. So, here I sit all alone on a Friday night. I wish I could use it as a opportunity to catch up on sleep, but I can't ever really sleep as well when Jamie isn't in the house.

Tomorrow Hannah has her first cheering game. She is very excited. Jamie refuses to miss her first game, so he may finally get to climb in bed at 11:30 tomorrow morning. I promise I won't let him drive. I'm sure it would be worse than a drunk man going down the road!

Abbi is attending a birthday party for her best friend at a kids' beauty parlor. I think she'll get a hair-do and they'll try on pretty dresses and walk down a red carpet. Sounds fancy and fun!

So, I guess I'm getting old, because I'm going to crawl into my covers and read a book.

On another note: Prayers are going up for Haiti! Our church has been advertised as a donation site since we have missionaries from Haiti that go to our church. The husband is there now, the wife just has surgery and couldn't go. They have gotten over $5000 and so many supplies. It has been amazing the outpouring that has been shown. Not just in this community, but all over the world. My heart breaks for those people. I can't imagine how frightened, hungry, devastated, and mournful they must be. Praying that they can get the help they need, but also that they will see God through all of this tragedy somehow.

No comments: