Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow Days

We have gotten a pretty decent snow here. At least a few inches and it has fallen off and on for 2 days. The kids were so excited to get up to snow yesterday morning. Of course, all they could think about was going out and building a snowman. That is impossible anyways, because it is such a dry snow, but I finally caved and let them go out. We did the whole bundling up thing and layers of clothes, but it is pretty useless when the temperatures are so low. We told them that they could play out for 30 minutes. Well, we didn't last that long. It was about 20 minutes I guess. It was too cold, but they got a bit of it out of their system at least:







They each had some Christmas money burning in their piggy banks and I refused to let them bring another toy into this house. I got an MP3 with some of my money. The Micah went and spent some of his money on an MP3 player, of course the girls wanted one too. So, we went last night and let them make the purchase. Chloe inherited Micah's old MP3, which is a Disney one that takes a memory card and more for little kids. Then, of course, they all needed new headphones to complete the purchase.

They have all been so funny today dancing around with these on their heads. It is not very funny when I have to repeat everything that I say twice or three times, because they have music in their ears.



So today, I'm not going to be suckered into going out and letting them play in the snow. It is pretty, but only sitting by the window with a hot drink in my hand, and a heater by my feet!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG. Is that Steve and Shane's snowsuit that Micah is wearing? That is crazy. Who would have ever thought that they had lasted that long. We took the hand-me-down suits when we were kids, then my kids and now yours. That is so funny.

Stay inside and stay warm!

DKB

Buffy said...

Yep! Notice that the zipper doesn't go all the way up anymore though. We just used a scarf and a safety pin to keep it from getting too much air in there.

I told him how old those suits probably were and that Deda wore the blue one. He thought it cool, but also really really really old!

Anonymous said...

I am afraid that it is OLD.

Anonymous said...

I wanted to build a snowman tooo.....:( BOO!