Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow Days!

We've had 3 snow days this week. The kids are stir crazy and so am I. Chloe is coughing, so we couldn't play outside, and we've had enough of being cooped up. Next year I won't have to worry about snow days:-)

We were sitting at the lunch table and Jamie said something he shouldn't have. Not a major crime, but not something that we would want our kids repeating either. Hannah said, "That's OK Daddy, we forgive you". At first we were like, "awwww...that's really sweet". But, I said, "you have never said that to me". She said, "that is because you are older and should know better". Ummm....yea...who knew that 5 extra days on earth would give me so much widsom! I just learned that today.

We had to cancel the winter trip due to the snow and threat of more snow (NO!). It is disappointing, because we all get geared up for it, Jamie has studied hard, and all the youth had momentum going towards the weekend. Now the trip will be during spring break. I'm sure that we'll lose some and gain some by changing the dates. I just told Jamie to thank the Lord above that he didn't schedule a Gatlinburg trip, which has been his tradition in the past 11 years! We would have been out a lot of money!

Hannah has a make-up Upward game tonight and hopefully they'll have school tomorrow. They are looking forward to their Valentine day party at school, and maybe I can actually go since I don't have to pack!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss your blog & pictures of the kids.

Anonymous said...

Me too, but I know you are quite busy.
Pat