Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hannah's School Play


Which is quite possibly our last school play ever! That seems kind of strange right now, but she looked cute and did wonderful. She was so excited to get to be a clown. We painted her face up and she wore the clown outfit that has been passed down forever. My Mamaw made it for Davida, I believe. It was a bit big on her, but clowns are suppose to wear things big and silly, so it worked. Micah also had to wear it one year for a play and I'm sure all my nieces wore it. I remember wearing it twice for Halloween myself, because I loved it so much.

So, we got to sit back and enjoy the circus. It was a really cute play though. The music teacher out there is really creative.

Here are a few pictures from the play. I love that my kids are short, because they are always on the front so I can see them well!

Walking in:
Singing and playing the Kazoo:

The clowns did some cute little "clowny" things:




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks adorable! She had the cutest uniform there...and for some reason, I teared up about the clown outfit. I think that it is neat that we still have something that Mamow made us 100 years ago. We are passing down a memory of her to our kids and will our grandkids someday.

DKB

Buffy said...

Mamaw always made us the cutest costumes, but that clown has really been a favorite! Micah wore it for a play when he was in kindergarten out North. It was huge on her, but looked cute and she loved it. The choir director actually thanked all the "meemaws, nanas, and grannys" that made costumes and Jamie and I giggled to each other, because ours was made by a "Mamaw"....it was just about 30 years ago instead of last week!

I'm glad that your kids and my kids have gotten to wear that costume though.

Anonymous said...

That was the cutest clown ever.
Nana