Sunday, March 14, 2010

Can I fall over now?

I'm so dead tired, but of course, I sit here awake, because I'm wired from the weekend. Why does that always happen?

Yesterday was the homeschool convention and it was a good day. We took 2 workshops, saved shipping on one publisher (about $15) and then I got a $15 coupon for visiting another publisher that I was already going to order from. So, it was good just to browse around and get familiar with some of the different curriculums and such. I'm a researcher, so I had already chosen all the texts for next year, but it was good to just pick them up and thumb through them.

That evening we went to a sweet sixteen party for one of our young ladies at church. She is a very sweet Christian girl and I know beyond a doubt that God will do fabulous things in her life (he is already!). I look at some of these kids at church and just hope and pray that my kids will be that great! We are very fortunate to work with a really great group!

Today was the most exhausting day of all. Of course, it was the dreaded "spring forward" time change. Jamie was asked to preach at a church that was 2 hours away, so we left at 7:30 this morning. Google and TomTom both took us down some of the strangest roads and I almost felt like I was driving through Gatlinburg with all the hills, valleys, curves, and swoops. Not fun! We did make it in plenty of time though and we got to experience worship at another church. I think it is good to do that every now and then anyways. It was a very nice little country church though.

In between services, we went to Murray to visit with family. Or rather, they visited with us. We made one pitstop at my sister's and then told everybody where to find us. It was just too little time (and just too much) to trek to everybody's house separately. I have not seen my family since Christmas, so it is always nice to catch up face to face.

We are tired though! Actually, I think we are going to call the girls in sick tomorrow. They have GOT to be exhausted!!! I'm also very SICK of fast food! We've been forced to eat 3 fast food meals this weekend. BLECH! I just want to drink water and eat lettuce tomorrow or something. Ok, probably not, but it makes me feel so gross!

So, that was our weekend in a nutshell. I think I'm going to call it a night. It really feels like one of those days that should've been about 2 or 3. Too much!

2 comments:

Denisha said...

Well, I enjoyed getting to see everyone even though you guys were exhausted!

Buffy said...

We were glad to see everybody too. It was just a tiring weekend altogether!